Rosalie Bay Resort was named “Accommodation of the Year” at last night’s Tourism Industry Awards presented by Discover Dominica Authority. General Manager Oscar Lora, owner Bev Deikel and her partner Oscar received the award at the ceremony.
The Accommodation of the Year award recognizes a local property that offers facilities, service and ambiance to provide visitors with a memorable stay while in Dominica and shows commitment to the overall development of tourism.
Rosalie Bay Resort was honored for our commitment to the local community, providing a much needed source of employment and training to the villagers in Grand Fond, River Cyrique, La Plaine, Petit Soufriere and Morne Juan. Currently, 97% of the staff members are local Dominicans.
We were also recognized for our commitment to guest service (evident in our TripAdvisor reviews) and environmental efforts, which include the sea turtle conservation program, use of renewable energy with a wind turbine and solar panels, and use of local, sustainable and recycled materials during construction.
Other winners at the 2012 Tourism Industry Awards Ceremony include:
- Tour Guide of the Year – Josianne Leogal
- Tourism Taxi Service Provider – Peterson Angol
- Tourism Vendor of the Year – Agnita Hurtault
- Responsible Tourism Award – Picard Beach Cottages
- Community Tourism Development Award – Bellevue Chopin Organic Farmers Group
- Tourism Employee of the Year Award – Wayne James, Fort Young Hotel
- Directors Award – Armour Family
Media Recognition Awards –
- Overall Best Feature – Ms. Kirshena Joseph
- Best News Report sponsored by CTO – Edona Jno. Baptiste
- Recognition Certificates – Antoinette Mora and Abigail Antoine
Thank you to our dedicated Dominican staff, the community and our guests for your ongoing support! And, congratulations to all of the winners.