A savory, nature-inspired snack
As the New Year begins, many people are avoiding the temptation to indulge in sweets and desserts. Well, we have the perfect dish at Rosalie Bay that offers a variety of the best of both worlds – delicious savory flavors as well as many health benefits, thanks to the nutritional dasheen.
Dasheen Croquettes are a crowd-pleaser and the perfect addition for your next party or potluck! As you dream of new adventure on the Nature Island, try this treat at home with Chef Seraphine’s recipe.
- 1 medium dasheen
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet seasoning peppers, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp. finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil dasheen, and crush while still hot.
- Add chopped pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Mix everything well and shape into ball.
- On floured cutting board, roll into 12” cylinder.
- Cut into three pieces.
- Make the egg wash by mixing eggs with milk. Beat well.
- Coat pieces with flour, then egg wash and lastly bread crumbs.
- Bake until golden brown.
Alternative: For bite-sized appetizers, balls may be rolled into 1-inch pieces
Have you made the Dasheen Croquettes? Share your own photos in a comment below!